Every so often it may feel like instead of your automated gate working with you as intended, it is working against you. You may try troubleshooting it for hours before giving in and calling in the professionals. It can be frustrating to have to pour more time and money into your automated gate.
There are a few things you can keep an eye on and adjust to help you save your hard-earned money. If you keep the limits of your gate set properly, it will help prevent unwanted gate stopping, keep your items from wearing down, and keep your gate from misaligning. You may not have been aware of how much of a difference limits make in your gate’s movement.
Here are just a few of the things that can be caused by stop limits that are set improperly:
- The gate can damage the roller covers causing someone to get injured if they place their hand on the gate while it’s in motion
- The gate may fall off of the track, rollers, or trucks that support the movement. This also can cause injury or even death
- The gate could damage a stone column if the gate is over traveling
- Unadjusted limits may prevent the gate from closing all the way, which could lead to your pet escaping
Where do I adjust the limits?
The best place to look for instructions on adjusting the limits would be your owner’s manual.
- There are many influences that can cause the limits to come out of adjustment, including:
- If the gate is chain driven. The drive chain needs to be at the correct tension. Refer to owner’s manual for more information
- If the nuts are worn out and slipping on the supporting
- If the limit switch boxes become loose
- If a limit switch wears out
Make sure to pay attention to the gate is stopping in both the opened and closed positions. Is the gate stopping in same spot every time, or is it stopping in random spots? If the gate is stopping in different spots each time or in random spots, the list above may help troubleshoot this issue. If you still have issues after checking the items off this list, it may be time to call in the professionals. Reach out to American Access Company through our contact us page and we will be glad to offer you our services